Tuesday 14 June 2011

Cordelia the mermaid

Good evening all.

Yes, I am posting this late but it's been such a wonderful day that I have been out-doors mainly. My friend asked me this morning if I would look after her 2 little ones this afternoon (her daughter and Phoebe are best friends) as her husband wouldn't be back in time when she went to work. It's been real fun having 2 5 year old girls and a 1 1/2 year old boy playing in the garden in Phoebe's new princess paddling pool. Ice cream and biscuits on the menu together with orange squash :). Mind you I am tired now so will properly be in bed before Phoebe lol.
Unfortunately it looks like the lovely weather is not gonna last - well, this is Britian lol.



So made a lovely summer card last night but I do wish I was by the beach. I love the sea and really miss it living in-land, This lovely mermaid is called Cordelia and I just think she's gorgeous. I used blue tones to colour her and attempted to make a "beach". A starfish and fish button makes it more fun :).

MATERIAL USED

Cordelia the mermaid @ Make it Crafty
Papers: mixture
Flowers
Buttons
K & Co transfer sticker

CHALLENGES

Make it Colourful - Blue tones
SCACD - Summer fun
A Spoonful of Sugar - Splish Splash

Thank you for dropping by and enjoy your evening. Hugs, Mette

4 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun this is gorgeous oh just love that image and that flower is just lush hugs cherylx

Lorraine said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love your "beach" scene and your gorgeously colored mermaid! Oh and that little fish is too cute. Thanks so much for playing along with SCACD Friends with Heart!

Danni said...

This is just so fun! I love all the extra little touches you added!! Thanks for playing along with SCACD Friends with Heart!

Mary Lou said...

Awhh this is way tooooo cute!!! I gonna have to get some of these cute mermaids from MIC :)
Great embellishments--soo dern cute!!
Hugz and thanks for playing along at SCACD Friends with Heart!!
Mary lou