Friday 2 September 2011

Geisha

Good morning all.

Another sunny day - yes, we are definately past summer and into September. Wasn't yesterday lovely and today promises to be just as nice. I do wonder why I feel the need to mention the weather every day - I think it's a british tradition I picked up somewhere - the british do enjoy a good chat about the weather or lack of it hehe.

Almost set for the kids going back to school. Phoebe has been furnished with a wardrobe full of new uniform clothes although we are still missing the shoes. Will go to Notthingham tomorrow to get those I think. As for James - well, they don't wear a uniform at his secondary school and at 15 he likes to look "kool man". Still need to get his writing equipment which, by his usual standard, will be gone after just 2 weeks back.
Ben has been furnished with everything a young man needs for a life as a student from bedding to kitchen utensils. Just need to get his toiletries and to talk him gently thru the process of "washing your own clothes".

I have been without my phone for a few days which can be a blessing but at the moment I really need to be able to contact home whenever I feel I need a granny-update. At first I thought it was my phone so went an purchased a new - but no, it's a fault on the line so am waiting for BT to sort that for me asap.

Well, onto today's card which has been inspired by this wonderful summery image - mmmmm, strawberry and cream.



This is for ATS WEDNESDAY CHALLENGE



I used the sweet geisha girl which is available as a digi from All that Scrap - actually you get 2 geishas and think they are just lovely. She's coloured with Promarkers and I kept the card fairly simple.

MATERIALS USED

Geisha @ All that Scrap
Papers: Bo Bunny and cardstock
stamp: Bildmalaran

Thank your for visiting my rambling heaven and enjoy your day. Hugs, Mette

No comments: