Sunday 15 August 2010

Just Magnolia #68



Good afternoon! Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday afternoon. Here it's finnaly turning out to be a day WITHOUT rain although it's not brilliant. Last night my 2 wonderful sons + 1 4 year daughter + a sweet oldest son's girlfriend did a belated surprise birthday party for me. My oldest son and his girlfriend were in France on my big day so they made a buffet and got the tastiest cake eva!!!! I must admit I did shed a few tears.
Anyway, my card today is for the Just Magnolia challenge and there is a super sketch. I have coloured the image with my newly aquired Promarkers and it's a first time ever for me (I usually use Prisma pencils). I am quite happy with my first try but realise I need more practising before it's how I like it. I hand-drew the brick wall as I felt she needed something to sit on otherwise she'd be hovering in mid-air lol. The paper is Basic Grey "Sugar Rush", the sentiment and flower from K & Co. I have used Crystal Stickles on her wings and a small gem on the flower. The ribbon is a piece of scrap from my stash.

Thank you for dropping by and hope you have a lovely day, Mette

4 comments:

cheryl said...

oh this is just such a wonderful image hun love the papers,you have used,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Anonymous said...

super cute Tilda Mette! I agree, a day w/out rain is amazing around here right now too! The temp has finally dropped some too! Such a relief from the overwhelming humidity! TFS your adorable creation!
Pam Going Postal

Kirsty said...

Beautiful -- and very nice work on the brick wall!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Adorable card and perfect take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along at Just Magnolia this week! Hope to see you back again next week. :)